Mexico is located in the American continent precisely in North America, a tourist destination in the country of football player Manchester United Javier Hernandez (Chicarito) is so amazing. Okfoodrecipes.com try to find out the most popular and famous soup cooking recipes in Mexico, on the road street many food on sale.
Shop in the traditional market to buy Uncanister tilapia, shrimp, squid, clams as well as vegetable and seasoning to make sea food Mexico. Try making Caldo De Mariscos cooking recipe with spicy gravy for dinner celebration with family, beloved friends.
It took about 60 minutes to make a Mexican sea food soup. Being a favorite menu in the family Caldo de Mariscos is very like the child. I would like to try a Caldo de Mariscos (Mexican Seafood Soup) recipe.
Caldo de Mariscos
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 15.5 ounce can diced fire roasted tomatoes (with juice)
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons ground Pasilla chili powder
- 8 ounces peeled turnip, diced
- 8 ounces small white potatoes, diced
- 8 ounces carrot, peeled and oblique cut (or diced)
- 2 Knorr “Caldo de Cameron” bouillon cubes or shrimp bouillon
- 4 teaspoons fish base
- 7 cups water (or may use shrimp and fish stocks and omit bouillon and fish base)
- 10 ounces boneless tilapia or similar fish
- 10 ounces deveined ez-peel shrimp (with shells on)
- 10 ounces assorted seafood (calamari rings, mussels, clams, shrimp)(scrub shells of clams and mussels if not
- done already)(discard any shells that do not open during cooking)
- lime wedges
- chopped cilantro
- sliced fresh serrano or fresh jalapeno peppers
Place onion, garlic and canned tomatoes with juice in a saucepan and simmer 15 minutes; allow to cool a bit so you can puree it.
Puree tomato mixture in a food processor or use a hand-held blending stick in the pan, your choice.
Add pasilla chili powder, diced vegetables, bouillon cubes, fish base and water to pan and stir.
Bring soup to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Gently add the whole fish fillet, and the other seafood to the pan and continue to cook for another 5-10 minutes until shells on clams have opened and the fish is firm and opaque.
Serve soup garnished with cilantro and serrano peppers, and a wedge of lime to squeeze into the soup.