Best Chinese Popular Food: How To Make Ants climbing a tree ( 蚂蚁上树 ma yi shang shu) – China is known as a country that has many delicious specialties. Chinese specialties are judged to be worthy of the most delicious food in the world, and are worth pairing with the elite foods typical of the European restaurant. “What is the most delicious Chinese specialty food?
Know Ma Po, Ma Yi Shang Shu, Chow Mein Typical Chinese food is very like the foreign tourists. Ma Yi Shang shu does mean ‘ ant climb the tree ‘. The food is named as such because the slices of chopped meat sticky on the noodles when pulled with chopsticks resembling the ants that are trying to climb the tree.
Ma Yi Shang Shu, besides famous for its unique name, is also famous for its delicious originated in Sichuan area. The food is made of finely chopped beef with noodles and seasonings, such as spices and chili peppers. The taste is very spicy, but also very delicious!
- 8 oz dried bean thread noodles (soak in water for 10 minutes)
- 3 Tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 250 gr ground pork
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1-2 Tbsp chili bean paste optional- amount depends on how spicy you want it
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce or more to your taste
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 stalk green onion (finely chopped)
- Prepare the bean thread noodles:
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Turn off the heat. Add the bean thread noodles in and let them soak for 8-10 minutes or until they are soft and turn translucent. Cut into shorter pieces with kitchen shears, but not too short, about 10 cm length
If using wok or skillet
- Preheat a wok or large skillet. Add cooking oil. Add ginger and stir fry until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add ground pork and stir fry until it’s no longer pink. Add the seasonings and chicken stock. Bring it to a boil and then add the bean thread noodles. Stir to mix everything. The noodle will absorb the liquid
If using Instant pot:
Turn the saute mode on. When it’s hot, add cooking oil. Add cooking oil. Add ginger and stir fry until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add ground pork and stir fry until it’s no longer pink. Add the seasonings and chicken stock. Bring it to a boil and then add the bean thread noodles. Stir to mix everything. The noodle will absorb the liquid