2019 Best Thailand Dessert – LOOK CHOOP Thai Candy Recipe – Foodies may be familiar with the dessert from Thailand. This Thai Dessert called Luk Chup or sometimes called Look Choop. What makes it easy to spot is the shape that is made exactly like fruits such as oranges, pears, watermelon, mangosteen, guava, papaya, and many others with a small version of the mini alias formed.
The main ingredient for the manufacture of Luk Chup is the peel or mung beans that have been peeled by the skin. In addition, sugar, coconut milk, gelatin, and food coloring are also needed. The way the steamed green beans are mashed and mixed with sugar before being added with coconut milk and stir until blended and cooked in a small flame.
Ingredients : 1 cup mung bean ( 500 g)
- 2 and 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 and 1/2 cup thick coconut milk
- 2 tbsp. gelatin powder
- 2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Food coloring
Step 1 for mung bean
- Leave mung bean in the water for 3 hours ,then steam for 20 minutes.
- Ground the mung bean. Add coconut milk , sugar in the pot.
- Put the pot on the stove in the midium heat. Stir until the mix get dry. Make sure you can not mold it.
- Leave the mix cool.
Step 2 for fruit shape
- Mold the mix in to a fruit shape such as cherry,red chilli pepper,
- banana,orange,watermelon,mango,carrot,etc in a small shape.
- Use food coloring to color them. Make it as real as possible.
- Put a stick to the fruit shape and put it on a piece of Styrofoam , leave it dry.
Step 3 For gelatin
Dissolve gelatin in boiling water in a low heat. Add 1/4 cup sugar, wait until it is boiling.
Dip the fruit shape into it until it cover all part of fruit shape .Then leave it dry on the Styrofoam.
Dip the fruit shape again for 3 times.
Then decorate it with leaves to make it look real.
Tags: #Candy (Food) #Cooking (Interest) #Dessert (Industry) #look choop #Mung Bean (Food) #mung bean candy #Recipe (Website Category) #royal thai candy #thai candy #thai dessert #thai dessert recipes #Thai Food (Cuisine) #thai sweet #thai sweets #ขนมไทย #ริน #ลูกชุบ #สูตร #อาหารไทย