Famous Filipino Dishes: Homemade Pork TOCINO Recipe Yummy – Tocino is a popular breakfast dish in the Philippines. This dish made from pork fat, especially from the shoulder, buttocks, or pork loin. To make tocino, all you need is to give the spices with delicious spices, inserting him into the fridge for a few days, and then deep frying or grilling him until crispy, with a depth of flavor that you prefer. (Although the “tocino” in the language of Spain means pork, in this paper we will focus on the typical dishes of the Philippines). If you want to know how to make tocino than go to a special market whenever you are hungry, read from the first step to begin with.
- 2 pounds pork (butt, shoulder, ham or belly) – – cut into 1/4 inch thin
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salt
- 3 cloves garlic – – finely minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup fruit juice, (pineapple, apple) – (optional)
- 1/2 tablespoons finely ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon rice flour – (optional)
- natural red food color – (optional)
In a big bowl, combine all ingredients except for the pork slices. Mix until well blended.
Add the pork and mix using the hand, use hand gloves to avoid stains. Mix for several minutes to an hour.
Transfer to a container with a cover and let it sit overnight on the counter.
Mix again for a couple of times before putting in the fridge. Cure for 24 hours or up to 3 days. Can be frozen afterwards and stored longer.