Philippine Dishes – Mom’s Recipe CHICKEN PASTEL – Chicken in addition to high protein is also a material that is easily processed into a variety of dishes. If you are visiting Philippine mandatory try typical cuisine and a favorite that is a CHICKEN PASTEL.
- 2 lbs skinned chicken thighs or any chicken pieces of your choice
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 ½ cup chicken broth
- 2 pieces Chinese style sausage sliced into ¼ inch pieces
- 1 carrot peeled and cubed
- 1 large or 2 medium potatoes cubed
- 2 medium red bell peppers cubed
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can Vienna sausage drained and sliced into ¼ inch pieces
- ½ cup light sour cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
Marinate chicken in soy sauce and lemon juice. Let stand for 15 minutes. Drain and set aside.
Heat oil in heavy pan over medium high heat. Add the garlic and onion. Saute until onion is soft. Add the chicken pieces and sauté for 5 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
Add broth and bring to a boil. Lower heat and let simmer for 20 minutes or until meat is tender. Constantly stir the mixture to avoid meat sticking at the bottom of the pan.
Add Chinese sausage, carrot, potatoes, bell peppers and mushrooms. Stir well, cover and let simmer for 15 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender.
Stir in Vienna sausage and sour cream. Correct seasonings if needed. Serve immediately.