Classic Christmas Turkey: How To Prepare Roast Turkey Recipe – Chicken dishes with fresh Turkey with trimmings of vegetables we can serve at Christmas. American society and Canada will celebrate Thanksgiving Day as an expression of gratitude for abundant harvest. In this celebration, roasted turkey so special cereal most awaited. Hmm, like what ya chicken processing this delicious Turkey?
A menu of roast Turkey or roasted turkey is a Turkey that cocks using materials will be processed in intact and inserted various herbs stuffing inside. Make it takes at least a day. summarize the steps of making the roast turkey.
For the turkey:
- 5 kg Tesco fresh turkey
- 50 g butter, at room temperature
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 5 rosemary sprigs
- 3 large onions, finely sliced
- sea salt
For the stuffing:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 red onions peeled and chopped
- 250 g breadcrumbs
- 125 g macadamia nuts, roughly chopped in a food processor
- 100 g dried cranberries
- rind of 2 oranges and juice of 1 orange
- 2 eggs
- freshly ground black pepper
For the gravy:
- 250 g (8 oz) onions, peeled and coarsely sliced
- pinch cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp organic cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- 1 tbsp plain flour 250 ml (8 fl oz)
- red wine, preferably Merlot
- 300 ml (½ pint) turkey stock
For the turkey :
- Preheat the oven to gas 5, 190°C, fan 170°C. Rub the turkey all over with butter and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Place the lemon pieces and rosemary inside the cavity.
- Place the onion halves in a large roasting tin and sit the turkey on top. Cover with kitchen foil, tucking under the tin to create a foil tent. Roast according to the instructions, but remove the foil 30 minutes before the end until golden.
- To test the meat is cooked, pierce the fattest part of the thigh with a skewer. The juices should run clear. Rest the turkey, covered loosely with foil, for at least 30 minutes
- Leftover meat will stay juicer if you keep it on the bone. Wrap the turkey carcass in a clean damp tea towel and cling film then store in the fridge.
For the stuffing:
- Preheat the oven to gas 5, 190°C, 375°F.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the onions for 4 to 5 minutes until transparent. Place in a bowl and add all the remaining ingredients. Mix and season well. Place in a shallow, ovenproof dish and cook for 35-40 minutes until golden.
For the gravy :
Remove the cooked bird from the oven. Set bird aside to rest, skim excess fat off the juices in the roasting pan, then add the onions and cumin seeds.
Fry gently until the onions are tender. Add the cocoa powder, honey and enough flour to absorb the juices and remaining fat. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
Gradually stir in the wine and stock and bring to a simmer. Adjust seasoning to taste, cook gravy for 5-10 minutes, then serve with the turkey.