2019 Best Recipe: Easy And Simple Caldo de Mariscos (Mexican Seafood Soup) – Food from Mexico with gravy that is Caldo De Mariscos or Mexican Soup. This soup can you guys serve at dinner with the family.
How to make mexican soup very easy you guys only need tuna fish, shrimp and potatoes.
If you guys want to make it able to buy materials in the market or at a nearby supermarket. Here’s how to make Caldo de Mariscos (Mexican Seafood Soup).
Caldo de Mariscos
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 15.5 ounce can diced fire roasted tomatoes (with juice)
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons ground Pasilla chili powder
- 8 ounces peeled turnip, diced
- 8 ounces small white potatoes, diced
- 8 ounces carrot, peeled and oblique cut (or diced)
- 2 Knorr “Caldo de Cameron” bouillon cubes or shrimp bouillon
- 4 teaspoons fish base
- 7 cups water (or may use shrimp and fish stocks and omit bouillon and fish base)
- 10 ounces boneless tilapia or similar fish
- 10 ounces deveined ez-peel shrimp (with shells on)
- 10 ounces assorted seafood (calamari rings, mussels, clams, shrimp)(scrub shells of clams and mussels if not done already)(discard any shells that do not open during cooking)
- lime wedges
- chopped cilantro
- sliced fresh serrano or fresh jalapeno peppers
Place onion, garlic and canned tomatoes with juice in a saucepan and simmer 15 minutes; allow to cool a bit so you can puree it.
Puree tomato mixture in a food processor or use a hand-held blending stick in the pan, your choice.
Add pasilla chili powder, diced vegetables, bouillon cubes, fish base and water to pan and stir.
Bring soup to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Gently add the whole fish fillet, and the other seafood to the pan and continue to cook for another 5-10 minutes until shells on clams have opened and the fish is firm and opaque.
Serve soup garnished with cilantro and serrano peppers, and a wedge of lime to squeeze into the soup.