Making Lord Stow Portuguese Egg Tart (安德鲁葡挞) In Macao – Egg tart, cake batter contains eggs typical of Portuguese is widely found in various Asian countries. But it turns out not all the places produce egg tart that has the same delicious flavor of the original. Few countries have ever mastered the Portuguese, like East Timor, Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, and China found the cake egg tart. In addition to propagating the ideology of familiar, Portuguese also transmit culture to its cuisine to those places, one egg tart.
Portuguese Egg Tart
How to cook egg tart Portuguese this is usually baked in a way with an oven however for those of you who don’t have an oven. Actually this is a snack food of the Potugis basic dough originally using pie dough similar to a Balinese milk pie crisp and soft, tender and melted in the mouth. But somehow the Portuguese egg tart is widely found in Hong Kong. In addition to the Portuguese egg tart, there is also called the egg tart. What’s the difference? Well, the difference can be seen from crust. If on a Portuguese egg tart, crust made from pastry crust layers while the egg tart regular crust regular pie dough made of precisely this original recipe from Portuguese.
- 200 g flour
- 25 g butter
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 110 g water.
- 150 g Pastry margarine
- 200 g dairy whipping cream
- 300 g milk
- 80 g sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 egg yolks
TO MAKE PUFF PASTRY:
- Mix (A) to form a smooth dough. Let it rest for 15mins.
- Roll the dough into square, and wrap up pastry margarine (B).
- Then roll into rectangular, fold into 3 layer once and 4 layer twice.
- Roll out the dough into 3-mm thick. Roll it up like swiss roll.
- Cling wrap the dough and chill it for 30 minutes or until firm (We chill it for 3 hours).
TO MAKE FILLING:
- Cook whipping cream and milk until 70C.
- Stir in sugar and cook until the sugar dissolves.
- Add it into the beaten eggs and egg yolks.
- Mix until well blended. Set aside to cool.
Divide pastry into 25g portions. Flatten the pastry and roll it into about 3mm thickness. Press onto the tart moulds.
Pour the filling into the pastry tarts about 80% full.
Bake at 220C for 20-25 minutes. Serve.
Tags: #egg tart