Indonesian Dessert: Pisang Goreng (Indonesian Banana Fritters) Recipe – Pisang Goreng (Banana Fritters) is a famous food in Indonesia, Malaysia, and Singapore. The food is made from the fruit of the banana peel in his skin, after the cut to match the desires and then rub together in thick batter made from flour, eggs, sugar and a little salt further fried in cooking oil.
Pisang Goreng are often found for sale stalls or coffee shop companion food as tea or coffee. Currently the fried banana is a very popular food in Indonesia. Sometimes the fried banana was given the toppings like cheese, sweetened condensed milk, chocolate, and more.
- Flour — 1/2 cup
- Rice flour — 1/4 cup
- Baking powder — 1 teaspoons
- Salt — 1/4 teaspoon
- Water — 1 cup
- Egg, beaten — 1
- Oil for deep frying
- Ripe bananas,peeled and cut in two pieces — 6
- Mix the flour, rice flour, baking powder and salt well in a bowl. Beat the water and egg into the flour mixture until batter is smooth. Set batter aside to rest for anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour.
- Heat the oil in a deep skillet or deep fryer to between 350°F and 375°F. Working in batches, using a fork to dip pieces of banana in batter to cover. Let any excess batter drip off and drop in the hot oil to deep fry, turning until well browned on all sides.
- Drain on paper towels and serve warm.PISANG GORENG VARIATIONS
Use 1/2 cup coconut milk and 1/2 cup water in the batter for a more tropical flavor if you like.
You can eliminate the rice flour if you like and use 3/4 cups all-purpose flour instead. But the rice flour adds a crispness that will be missing.
Pisang Goreng is banana basic ingredients food commonly consumed by people in Indonesia. Fried banana contains energy of 132 kilokalori, 1.4 grams carbohydrate, protein 23.1 g, fat 3.8 g, 7.2 milligrams calcium, phosphorus 0 milligrams, and 0.03 milligrams of iron. In addition in the fried banana also contained vitamin A as much as 0 IU, vitamin B1 0 milligrams of vitamin C and 0 milligrams. The results gained from doing research on 60 grams, with a fried banana that can be eaten as much as 100%.