Egypt Dessert: Best Authentic Umm Ali Recipe – When the month of Ramadan, a lively Middle Eastern specialties found and be an option as the sweetener after the fast. One of the dessert You taste is Umm Ali originating from Egypt. Umm Ali is a type of dessert that became very popular and delicious dishes from the Middle East.
The taste is creamy, sweet, and creamy making can’t stand not to give it a try. Overview of Umm Ali do seem okay, but don’t be surprised when I first tasted it. Milk gravy flavor which is so creamy, soft wheat bread, will make you feel instantly became happy.
Moreover, if you are interested in a sweet food, umm ali are certainly a favorite as a meal breaking the fast. Umm ali very suitable friends breaking the fast, but not too much because this dessert can directly make your stomach quickly sated in one rest.
The main ingredient is fresh bread umm ali and milk. “Strive to wear more savory croissants, ” says Loveland. Ripped to shreds and spread on the plate baking pan. Sprinkle the cinnamon, grated coconut, and nuts. If no almonds and pistachios, can use any beans that are roasted peanuts and pounded rough so crunchy. Don’t forget the raisins. “It’s typical dishes of the Middle East.”
Umm Ali Recipe
What You’ll Need:
- 1 package of frozen puff pastry (approx. 17 ounces)
- 1 15 oz. can of sweetened condensed milk
- 3 cups of water
- 1/2 cup of cream
- 3/4 cup of pistachios (shelled and chopped)
- 1/2 cup of pine nuts
- 1/2 cup of almonds
- 1/2 – 3/4 cups of coconut flakes (depending on your taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
How to Make It:
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Unroll the puff pastry sheets and place them on greased baking sheets or ones lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 15 minutes. You want the puff pastry to be golden and puffed. Remove from oven but do not turn the oven off because you will be using it in a few minutes at the same temperature.
- Break the puff pastry into small pieces (about 1 to 2 inches). Place the broken pieces into a large bowl along with the nuts and coconut flakes. Be sure that they are mixed well and evenly distributed. Place the nuts and pastry mixture into a greased 9×12 baking dish.
- In a saucepan, heat the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, and water on medium heat. Allow to cook for about 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Pour the milk mixture over the puff pastry nut mixture. Pour the cream on top and bake, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.