Dessert: Homemade, Easy And Delicious Gelato Recipes – When I travel in the middle of the scorching heat of the Sun, a visit to an ice cream shop. Let alone has now started popping up the ice cream shops with unique variety of flavors offered. Then what’s the difference with the gelato ice cream? Own gelato ice cream means in the language of Italy. But in a culinary context, developing into the type of gelato ice cream made to the tradition of the people of Italy. Tastes are different between ice cream usually with gelato. Gelato felt more solid but the texture is so smooth with the taste of milk.
While the ice cream is stronger in taste of cream. Own gelato has less fat than ice cream. Ice cream made with cream cookbook containing at least 10 percent. While the gelato more milk than cream. Also, gelato is typically use less egg yolk. The ice cream is usually stirred sooner and stronger than gelato. So as a result, an increase in volume on the ice cream through the air arising when the stirring process. This volume grew from 25 to 90 percent. This makes the ice cream is softer and smoother. While gelato is stirred with a slower speed, the results were mixed into a more dense.
- 650ml whole milk
- 120ml double cream
- 180g unrefined sugar
- 45g skimmed milk powder
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
How To Make GELATO:
- Place the milk and cream in a saucepan over a medium heat. While it’s warming, place the sugar, skimmed milk powder and cornflour in a measuring jug and mix well.
- Using a probe thermometer, measure the temperature of the milk and cream. When it reaches 40ºC, add the dry ingredients. Whisk together and stir continuously with a spatula until it reaches 85ºC.
- Fill the sink with ice and cold water to create an ice bath. Plunge the saucepan into the ice bath and stir occasionally. You need to bring the temperature down to 10ºC within 30 minutes.
- When the mix is cooled, place in a sealed container and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, but preferably overnight.
- You’re now ready to churn it into gelato. Start by passing it through a fine sieve.