Mom’s Cake: How To Make Apple Cake With kismis – Apple Cake is one of the cakes that have uniqueness where there is this cake mix apples and raisins that swathed to one batter. Moist cake recipe this one is worth a try, in addition to easy make it wet cake is also very tasty moments enjoyed while relaxing.
Another type of cake that is very easy to make, requires no mixer and process complicated,
Apple Cake a la Smitten Kitchen. I have long wanted to make a delicious apple cake, easy and cheap, because often the apples in the refrigerator ended I was so shriveled duration sets there with a variety of other foodstuffs which sometimes amaze me because if I thought new have it. Apple is one of a type of fruit that is less I like and usually at best this fruit juice end up being together with other fruit as mixed.
This cake is very easy to make and the ingredients used pun is relatively simple,. As the cake process of processing do not use the mixer then the texture of a soft but of course not legit and tender with a crispy surface.
For the apples:
- 6 apples, Mom uses McIntosh apples, I use a mix of whatever looks good
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 5 tablespoons (65 grams) granulated sugar
For the cake:
- 2 3/4 cups (360 grams) flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon fine sea or table salt
- 1 cup (235 ml) vegetable oil (safflower, sunflower, olive and coconut oil also work, as does melted butter)
- 2 cups (400 grams) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) orange juice
- 2 1/2 (13 ml) teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup (130 grams) walnuts, chopped (optional and to be honest, we never use them)
How To Make Aplle Cake:
- Heat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a tube pan. (I use this one or an equivalent one-piece tube.) Peel, core and chop apples into 1-inch chunks.Toss with cinnamon and 5 tablespoons sugar and set aside.
- Stir together flour, baking powder and salt in a large mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together oil, orange juice, sugar, vanilla and eggs. Mix wet ingredients into dry ones; scrape down the bowl to ensure all ingredients are incorporated.
- Pour half of batter into prepared pan. Spread half of apples (and their juices) over it. Pour the remaining batter over the apples and arrange the remaining apples on top. Bake for about 1 1/2 hours, or until a tester comes out clean.*
- Cool completely before running knife between cake and pan, and unmolding onto a platter.