Acai Berry Recipes Are Practical: Dragon Fruit Smoothie Bowl – A delicious way to start the day with a bowl of Acai Berry! In addition to easy to make, this Brazilian traditional dishes are also very popular in the world for the benefit of his health.
Actually what is Acai? Acai (pronounced a-sai) Berry is a fruit like a grape that is widely harvested in the rainforests of South America.
Acai itself has a wide range of nutrient content that is good for the body: the source of anti-oxidants, fiber, fats are good for the heart, and minerals. The fruit is also good for people with diabetes because it contains sugar low.
Currently the acai berry fruit is indeed not yet circulated in traditional markets but can Moms find in supermarkets that sell imported fruit. Therefore, for Moms who want to make the Acai Berry Bowl, try to take a minute to shop!
- 1 ½ cups frozen mango chunks
- 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 cup frozen banana chunks (freeze ripe bananas in ½″-thick slices)
- Two packets (3.5 ounces or 100 grams each) frozen unsweetened açai berry purée
- 1 cup ice cold water, more if necessary
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lime juice, to taste
- Recommended garnishes: coconut granola, shredded unsweetened coconut, chopped nuts, chia seeds, sliced
- fresh banana or kiwi or other tropical fruits
In a blender, combine the frozen mango, pineapple and banana. Run the açaí packets under warm water for about 10 seconds to let them thaw a bit, then cut them open and pour the açaí pulp into the blender.
Pour in the cold water, securely fasten the lid, and start blending on the lowest speed until you can gain traction, increasing to high speed as it becomes available. If necessary, pause the blender to scrape down the sides, and add ¼ cup to ½ cup more water if it just won’t blend. (I used the tamper provided with my Vitamix and didn’t need to add any more liquid.)
Add 1 to 2 tablespoons lime juice, to taste, and blend briefly to combine. Pour the smoothie into bowls and top with garnishes of your choice. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.