Best Malaysian Food: ABC Soup Malaysian Recipe – Potato, Carrot and Tomato Soup – Malaysia is famous for its ice kepal Milo, milo drink is very popular nowadays even across the country. In addition to ice balls milo malaysia have specialties, namely in the form of Soup, with the main ingredients are chicken, Potato, Carrot and Tomato. ABC SOUP food is popular at this time.
You can create your own ABC soup at home with the family. Learn how to make ABC Soup:
- 1 lb chicken pieces with bones
- 1 large carrot, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 medium potatoes
- 1 quartered medium tomato
- 1 peeled and thickly sliced medium onion
- 1 tsp crushed peppercorn
- 4 cups of water
- Salt to taste
How To Make:
- Put the chicken pieces in a pot with just enough water to cover them. Bring to a boil. Pour away the water. Rinse the chicken under the tap to get rid of any blood or other impurities.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into 1-inch cubes. If they are not immediately used, soak them in water so they do not turn black.
Cooking the Soup
Fill a double boiler or a soup pot with 4 cups of water. Put in the prepared chicken and boil over medium heat. Once the water boils, remove any impurities on the surface with a ladle. Turn the flame to low.
Add the onions, tomato, carrots, and peppercorn. Simmer on very low heat for about 2 hours.
Drain the water from the potatoes. Add them into the soup 30 minutes before the soup is ready.
Add salt to taste, and enjoy!