Singapre Food-The Best Chili Crab Singapore – Chili crab is one of the typical cuisine of Singapore. Make your visit to Singapore may have already tasted the cuisine of Chile Crab. This dish is a stir fried crab made with a mixture of spices such as cayenne pepper, red chili, garlic and tomato sauce. How to make it very easy and practical. As a way of making it? Here’s the recipe for you:
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 7 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 to 3 shallots, minced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 1/2-inch knob ginger, grated (about 2 tablespoons)
- 6 medium garlic cloves, minced (about 2 tablespoons)
- 4 Thai chiles, minced
- 2 whole Mud or Dungeness crabs (about 1 pound each), prepared (see note)
- 2 cups homemade or store-bought low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 cup hot-sweet chili sauce (see note)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 cup chinese parsley leaves
- Rice or steamed chinese buns to serve on side
In small bowl, stir cornstarch with 2 tablespoons water; set aside. In large wok with lid (or Dutch oven), heat oil over medium heat until shimmering. Stir in shallots, ginger, garlic, and chilies. Cook until fragrant, stirring, about 1 minute.
Add crab pieces and broth. Increase heat to medium high and bring to a boil. Cover loosely and gently boil (decrease heat if necessary), until crab has turned red and is nearly cooked through, about 6 minutes.
Remove cover and stir in tomato paste and chili sauce. Simmer 1 minute and season to taste with salt, sugar, or chili sauce. Stir in cornstarch and bring to boil to thicken.
Remove from heat and stir in egg. Stir in green onions. Ladle into serving dish, sprinkle with Chinese parsley, and serve.