Indonesian Rujak Recipe ( Fruit Salad With Spicy Peanut Sauce) – Rujak is my favorite dishes.One salad of indonesian is usually dominated by fruit cut and flushing with a nut spicy sweet sauce. One of traditional indonesian food are familiar in the bread of we are Rujak .In malaysia or singapore , they call it rojak.
- 2 mangoes
- 1/2 papaya
- 1 small pineapple
- 1 400g can of lychees
- 2 pink grapefruits
- (Starfruit – sadly I couldn’t get this, but I really wanted to put it in mine!)
- Sambal Rujak (either from a jar or use the recipe below)
- Juice of 1 lime
To Make Rojak:
- Cut the mango flesh, into large chunks. Remove the skin and seeds from the papaya and also chop into big chunks.
- Remove the skin from the pineapple, remove the woody core and chop into large pieces. Peel the skin off the grapefruit and divide into segments.
- Drain the can of lychees and combine in a bowl with the mango, papaya, pineapple and grapefruit. Drizzle sauce over to taste (I used about scant 1/4 cup). Drizzle the lime juice over and mix through. Serve.
Serves 4, or 6-8 as part of a buffet.
- 3 tsp sambal oelek
- 1/3 cup grated palm sugar
- 1/3 cup kecap manis
- 1 tbsp lemon juice