One of the specialties of typical BBQ Korea is very easy to be made. Just select the beef with a bit of fat so that it feels more savory. The longer the soaked herbs will taste is makin delicious. Serve with the warm rice, sliced lettuce plus chili sauce Korea (ssamjang).How to make BBQ recipe:
- 1 pound of beef tenderloin, sliced thinly into pieces ½ inch x 2 inches and ⅛ inch thick
- Marinade (for 1 pound of beef):
- ½ cup of crushed pear
- ¼ cup onion purée
- 4 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 chopped green onion
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 2 tbs brown sugar (or 1 tbs of brown sugar and 1½ tbs rice syrup)
- a pinch of ground black pepper
- 1 tbs toasted sesame oil
- several thin slices of carrot
Mix all the marinade ingredients in a bowl.
Add the sliced beef and mix well.
You can grill, pan-fry, or BBQ right after marinating, but it’s best to keep it in the fridge and let it marinate for at least 30 minutes, or overnight for a tougher cut of beef. Serve with ssamjang.