Typical food Myanmar (Burma) which is very popular in Asia, namely Shan Noodles. Very easy recipe to make noodle main ingredients i.e. noodles and meat. Shan Noodle or Khauk Swe Shan became the favorite food in various countries such as Thailand, Laos and China. Here’s how to make recipes Shan Kauk Swe:
RECIPE OF SHAN NOODLES (SHAN KHAO SWÉ)
INGREDIENTS (FOR 4 PEOPLE):
- 1 lb chicken (or pork), chopped
- 8 oz dried Shan noodles (rice noodles)
- 2 onions, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (1-inch) piece of ginger, peeled and chopped
- 8 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder (optional)
- 8 tablespoons peanuts, crushed
- 2 scallions, chopped (for garnishing)
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Place the dried noodles in a large bowl of cold water.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Turn off the heat, and place the dried rice noodles.
- Heat oil in a large wok. Fry the onions, garlic and ginger for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add chili powder and continue to stir fry for minute.
- Add the chopped chicken (or pork), tomatoes, tomato paste, and stir well. Add soy sauce and sugar and cook over a medium heat for 15 minutes until all tomatoes are crushed.