Pie pecan nuts are delicious desserts very tasty especially during Thanksgiving, Christmas, and winter days more. In this recipe, pecan nuts will be mixed with sugar-based stuffing that contrasts perfectly with the skin of a butter pie. Read more to learn how to make pie pecan nuts from the beginning.
For The Pie:
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (1 cup = 240 ml)
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cut into small dice
- 1 large egg (or 2 egg whites)
For The Stuffing:
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups lightly toasted pecans, nuts, cut most (reserving the whole split peas to taste for pressed into the top of the stuffing to beautify appearance)
- 1 tablespoon bourbon whiskey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 whole eggs (or 6 egg whites)
Make Skin Pie:
- Sift the dry ingredients. In a medium-size Bowl, sift the flour, sugar, and salt and stir until ingredients are completely fused.
- Cut the butter. Add the pieces of butter into the flour mixture a cube. Use cutting tools cake for mix butter into the dough until the dough resembles coarse cornmeal, with some pieces the size of peas in butter mixture.
- Add the eggs. Lightly beat the eggs in a separate bowl. Pour the mixture into the skin of pei and use a spoon to flip the egg just until eggs are mixed in. Do not knead excessively, or the dough will turn out to be too dense.
- Flip the dough over a desk or other surface that’s been sprinkled with flour. Use your hands to shape it into a ball or circle. Place a circle of dough on a piece of plastic wrap (the plastic wrap), and fold the edges over the dough.
- The shape of the slab. Press dough circle with heel of your hand to flatten the dough into the slab.
- Chill the dough in the refrigerator for 1 hour. Flattened dough skin pai. Remove dough from refrigerator, remove from plastic, and place it on top of an already floured surface. Use the tool to grind the dough into a large circle shape that will fit in a baking dish pie (circular) 22.9 cm. diameter place the flattened dough on a baking sheet with the edges hanging, fold the edges. Use your fingers to form the edges of the dough at the edges of the baking pan to hold it in place.
- If you want, use a fork to make decorative ornaments around the edges of the skin of the pie.
- Be careful not to rip or create holes in the skin of the pie.
- Pai skin freeze. Skin cover pie with plastic wrap and place it in the machine pembeku (freezer) to harden for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Skin cover pie with aluminum foil. dried beans to fill the skin pie-this will prevent the skin or bulging while baking.
- Bake pie skin in two steps, first for 20 minutes by placing the baking dish containing the skin in the oven pie and start grilling.
- Remove the pie from the oven and the skin eliminate filler and aluminum foil; then insert back into the oven for baked again for 10 minutes, until crust Golden. Remove the pie from the oven the skin while you make the filling.
Make The Stuffing:
- Heat the ingredients. Stir in the butter, sugar, corn syrup, and salt into a small saucepan. Place the pan over medium heat and simmer mixture while stirring continuously. Let the mixture boil for one minute until the mixture starts to curdle
- Lift up the stuffing from the fire and add the nuts. Mix pecan nuts evenly, then add the whisky bourbon and vanilla, and stir well again. Let cool for about 5 minutes.
- Add the eggs. Lightly beat the eggs in a separate bowl, then add to the mix the stuffing. Beat until the egg is completely mixed with the other stuffing ingredients (if you leave eggs separated, the stuffing will not harden when cooled).
Complete The Pie:
- The contents of the pie. Place the pie on a baking sheet skin. Pour pie filling into skin. Use a spatula to spread the stuffing evenly.
- Bake pies. Enter the pie into the oven (oven still heated to 350 degrees) and Bake until the edges hardened field, which is about 50 to 60 minutes (if you don’t Cook the beans first, then pecan crust and the stuffing can takes longer). Check with often to make sure the skin does not overcook the pie.
- You can cover the edge of the pie with the leather make aluminium foil shaped rings about the size of the pie and lay it over the edge of the crust to prevent it burnt while stuffing.
- Jiggle pai to test it is already cooked. If the stuffing is too watery, then still required more time for baking. If only a few moves, means already pai was ready and ripe.
- Serve the pie. Let pie cool on the counter for about 10 minutes (for very warm) or one or two hours to serving it cold. Slice the pie and share to the plate. Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.