Chicken Fajitas recipe is Really delicious. Fajitas is the term found for culinary Tex – Mex, which refers to any grilled meat that is usually served as a taco on a tortilla from flour or corn. This term originally referring to the pieces of beef used in the dish known as “skirt steak”, meaning here is the usual steak cutlet is served on a plate. Part of the meat used is part of the cow’s chest, in addition to the beef used to be variations of chicken, and shrimp. Serving in restaurants, the meat is often cooked with onions and peppers, lettuce, sour cream, guacamole, salsa, Pico de gallo, cheese and tomatoes. In Northern Mexico, a variant of the dish was named the Arrachera.
Etymologically, Mexico fajitas or Tex-Mex is a term for small pieces of chicken or beef is shaped like the strip. The word derives from the word faja fajitas, taken from Spain to the meaning of “strip”, “band”, or “belt”. For this time we’ll make chicken fajitas with delicious cuisine. just we make the chicken fajitas recipe by following the recipe below.
- 4 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 medium green pepper, julienned
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Shredded cheddar cheese, taco sauce, salsa, guacamole and sour cream
In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 2 tablespoons oil, lemon juice and seasonings; add the chicken. Seal and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1-4 hours.
In a large skillet, saute peppers and onions in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm.
Discard marinade. In the same skillet, cook chicken over medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes or until no longer pink. Return pepper mixture to pan; heat through.
Spoon filling down the center of tortillas; fold in half. Serve with cheese, taco sauce, salsa, guacamole and sour cream. Yield: 6 servings.