Are you one of the lovers of dishes with curry gravy? Never tried the Massaman curry? Massaman Curry Curry cuisine is typical of Thailand which has the taste delicious. Curry made from beef, duck, chicken or tofu has halal labels because that makes it is also Thailand’s Muslim people. So no need to worry if you want to eat the cuisine of this one.
In serving, Curry Massaman wore spice flavorings called Massaman curry paste or nam prik khaeng matsaman. In general, this cuisine coconut milk, meat, potatoes, fried peanuts, cashew nuts, and mix seasonings such as onion, bay leaf, cardamom, Mace, hibiscus hula Java, fish sauce, chili and tamarind, turmeric, cinnamon, cumin, cloves, and nutmeg.
For those of you who want to feel the delights of the bib, massaman curries could be a fitting choice for you lovers of curry dishes. Or you can also host it at home with recipes how to make Curry Massaman as follows.
- 85g unsalted peanuts
- 400 ml can coconut cream
- 4 tbsp massaman curry paste (we used Bart)
- 600g stewing beef steak, cut into large chunks
- 450g waxy potatoes, cut into 2½ cm chunks
- 1 onion, cut into thin wedges
- 4 kaffir lime leaves (available from Thai shops or dried from supermarkets)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tbsp tamarind paste
- 1 tbsp palm or soft light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 red chili, deseeded and finely sliced, to serve
- jasmine rice
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6, then roast the peanuts on a baking tray for 5 mins until golden brown. When cool enough to handle, roughly chop. Reduce oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4.
- Heat 2 tbsp coconut cream in a large casserole dish with a lid. Add the curry paste and fry for 1 min, then stir in the beef and fry until well coated and sealed. Stir in the rest of the coconut with half a can of water, the potatoes, onion, lime leaves, cinnamon, tamarind, sugar, fish sauce and most of the peanuts. Bring to a simmer, then cover and cook for 2 hrs in the oven until the beef is tender.
- Sprinkle with sliced chili and the remaining peanuts, then serve straight from the dish with jasmine rice.
Tags: #beef massaman curry #breakfast recipe #curry massaman #dinner recipe #lunch recipe #massaman #Massaman curry #massaman curry paste #massaman curry sauce #massaman paste #som tam #thai food #thai massaman curry paste #thailand food #thailand recipe