Tom Kha Gai Recipe Typical Thailand Special. Tom kha gai (Chicken in Coconut Soup) is a typical Thai food is very well liked by many people. With coconut milk which is not too concentrated to give the flavor of savory. Let alone give nutty taste would shake up the tongue. This soup is perfect enjoyed as an appetizer or as a side dish one of the mild taste. Well, for those of you who are interested in wanting to make yourself at home. Here we share Recipes Tom Kha Gai Special Typical Thailand for you. just check out the recipe!
Tom Kha Gai
THE FOLLOWING RECIPE IS TOM KHA GAI:
- 2 stalks fresh lemongrass, tough outer layers removed
- 1 1″ piece ginger, peeled
- 10 kaffir lime leaves, or use 1 tablespoon lime zest and 1/4 cup lime juice
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1″ pieces
- 8 ounces shiitake, oyster, or maitake mushrooms, stemmed, caps cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 13.5-ounce can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Chili oil, cilantro leaves with tender stems, and lime wedges (for serving)
- N/A cilantro leaves with tender stems
- N/A lime wedges
Using the back of a knife, lightly smash lemongrass and ginger; cut lemongrass into 4″ pieces. Bring lemongrass, ginger, lime leaves, and broth to a boil in a large saucepan. Reduce heat and simmer until flavors are melded, 8-10 minutes. Strain broth into clean saucepan; discard solids.
Add chicken and return to a boil. Reduce heat, add mushrooms, and simmer, skimming occasionally, until chicken is cooked through and mushrooms are soft, 20-25 minutes. Mix in coconut milk, fish sauce, and sugar.
Divide soup among bowls. Serve with chili oil, cilantro, and lime wedges.
Well, that’s the Recipe Tom Kha Gai Typical Thailand Specials that you can try at home. pretty easy not to make it? Good luck!
Tags: #asian #bon apperir #coconut #consciuos #dairy #dinner #lemongrass #lunch #mushroom #peanut free #simmer #soup #soup/stew chicken #sugar #thai coconut soup #thai soup #tom kha soup #tom yum #tree