Thai Food – Green Papaya Salad – Som Tum ส้มตำ – SOM tam is one of Thai food that is similar to a salad vegetable made from grated papaya, it’s fresh, modern. The hallmark of this Thai cuisine is spicy and full of flavor seasonings, yet combined with a sense of sweet, salty, sour and spicy. If you visit Thailand, don’t forget to try this one food guaranteed prospective hooked.
However, for those of you who haven’t had a chance to go there and have never tasted the som tam. Don’t worry, now you don’t have to go all the way there just to enjoy this one. Because on this occasion Som Tam Recipe will share to you so that you can make it anytime you want. Yuk simply refer to the recipe!
- 5 Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 chili peppers
- 1 tablespoon dried shrimp
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 clove garlic
- 6 green beans
- 2 cups shredded green papaya
- 3/4 lime
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Palm Sugar
- 2 tablespoons toasted peanuts Optional
- For a vegetarian som tum, omit the dried shrimp and substitute soy sauce for fish sauce.
Some people use tamarind in place of lime. Regular sugar can be substituted for palm sugar. I normally omit the peanuts because I prefer it without.
- The balance of fish sauce, lime juice, palm sugar and peppers listed here are guidelines. Som tum is an individual dish that you will find you might like yours with more, say, lime juice than what the recipe calls for.
Food from Thailand are quite popular in the Southeast Asian region is usually eaten with Kao Niao (sticky rice) and Kai Yang (grilled chicken). Som Tam dish more delicious for lunch menu because it tastes spicy and fresh. So how to make Som Tam Recipe and typical cuisine of Thailand from us, good luck in the kitchen of your favorite.