Kung pao chicken is very famous for its delicious, original China food menu takes its name from the hero who has been instrumental in Sichuan province. To perpetuate the name then the naming was made on food made from chicken with spicy flavors.
The main ingredients to make kung pao chicken is actually relatively simple, generally consisting of pieces of chicken fillet, peanuts or cashews fried. Commonly used vegetables limited kind is usually like chives and paprika. Well, kung pao Chicken sauce red brownish is this that requires extra attention because it uses a variety of herbs such as Shaoxing wine (Chinese rice wine), Chinese vinegar, hoisin sauce, dried red chili and Sichuan peppercorn. Two herbs that are often called the last presented by the mandatory if you want to make authentic kung pao chicken. Sichuan peppercorns or Sichuan peppercorn is small round-shaped, brownish red that when breaks will produce small sized black pepper seeds. It is issued a unique and distinctive scent but not as strong as white pepper aromas, black or chili generally. The aroma is similar to lemon and when eaten will give rise to a sense of vibrating like numbness on the tongue and mouth. In Indonesia, other seasonings that are still active with Sichuan Pepper is a spice both still have a kinship because it has the flavor and aroma are similar to one another. How to make Kungpao Chicken:
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, dissolved in 2 tablespoons water
- 1-ounce hot chile paste
- 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 (8 ounces) can water chestnuts
- 4 ounces chopped peanuts
- To Make Marinade: Combine 1 tablespoon wine, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 tablespoon oil and 1 tablespoon cornstarch/water mixture and mix together. Place chicken pieces in a glass dish or bowl and add marinade. Toss to coat. Cover dish and place in refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- To Make Sauce: In a small bowl combine 1 tablespoon wine, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 tablespoon oil, 1 tablespoon cornstarch/water mixture, chili paste, vinegar, and sugar. Mix together and add green onion, garlic, water chestnuts, and peanuts. In a medium skillet, heat sauce slowly until aromatic.
- Meanwhile, remove chicken from marinade and saute in a large skillet until meat is white and juices run clear. When the sauce is aromatic, add sauteed chicken to it and let simmer together until sauce thickens.
Tags: #asian cuisine #asian dishes #asian food #chinese cuisine #chinese food #chinese food menu #chinese menu #chinese restaurant #kung pao chicken recipe #kungpao #kungpao chicken #thai food #traditional chinese food