Dinner Recipes: how to make the recipe the sweet-and-sour chicken – Sweet and sour chicken is a unique cuisine. This dish really made easy and practical. It could be a healthy alternative to a varied menu daily in your home. Smell it only able to arouse passion. No hurt you tried to make Sweet and sour chicken.
The recipe makes a Sweet and Sour Chicken each serving provides, calories, total fat, saturated fat, cholesterol, sodium, total carbohydrates, protein, fiber, potassium, vitamin A, vitamin C, iron, calcium. sweet and sour flavors make a winning combination in this healthier version of a popular Chinese dish. Chile sauce may be too spicy for children — consider adding this ingredient individually at the table
- 1 bag (12 oz) frozen vegetable stir-fry
- 1 Tbsp peanut oil or vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp ginger, minced
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced (about 2–3 cloves)
- 1 Tbsp scallions (green onions), rinsed and minced
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsps Asian hot chili sauce (Healthy Eating Two Ways)
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 C low-sodium chicken broth
- 12 oz boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 1 Tbsp lite soy sauce
- Thaw frozen vegetables in the microwave (or place entire bag in a bowl of hot water for about 10 minutes). Set aside until step 6.
- Heat oil in a large wok or sauté pan over medium heat. Add ginger, garlic, and scallions, and stir-fry until cooked, but not browned, about 2–3 minutes.
- Add the rice vinegar, chili sauce, and brown sugar to the pan, and bring to a simmer.
- In a bowl, mix cornstarch with chicken broth, and add to the pan. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Lower heat to a gentle simmer.
- Add chicken, and stir continually for 5–8 minutes.
- Add vegetables, and mix gently. Simmer with lid on to reheat, about 2 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, and mix gently.
- Divide into four even portions, and serve.