True to its name “Chili Con Carne” which means chili soup that is coupled with the meat that yields spicy flavors. For those of you who have never tried the food at this one, don’t worry because you can make yourself at home anytime you want with Chile Con Carne Recipe Guide Original Spicy Steadily below.
Chili Con Carne Recipe
1 large onion
2 cloves garlic or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
1 tablespoon chili powder
2 teaspoons chopped fresh or 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon red pepper sauce
1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
1 can (15 to 16 oz) red kidney beans, undrained
- Peel and chop the onion to measure 1 cup. Peel and finely chop the garlic.
- In a 3-quart saucepan, cook the beef, onion, and garlic over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is thoroughly cooked. Place a strainer or colander in the sink; line with a double thickness of paper towels. Pour the beef mixture into the strainer to drain. Return beef mixture to saucepan; discard paper towels and any juices in the bowl.
- Into the beef, stir the chili powder, oregano, cumin, salt, pepper sauce and tomatoes with their liquid.
- Heat the mixture to boiling over high heat. Once the mixture is boiling, reduce heat just enough so mixture bubbles gently. Cover with lid; cook 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the beans with their liquid. Heat to boiling over high heat. Once the mixture is boiling, reduce heat just enough so mixture bubbles gently. Cook uncovered about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until desired thickness.
Recipes chili corn Carne a la Mexico this could even be eaten along with a large family because there is material that can be eaten along with 10 family members. Chile con carne meaning meat with chili. Original recipe from Mexico wearing meat steak, jalapeño Chili, dried habanero chili pepper, oregano, cumin and a piece of pure chocolate. True to its name this original dish spicy. Recipes Chili con carne Foodie Lo with ground beef is actually a version of Tex – Mex, I make not too spicy, the material is easy to come by anyway.